++ 10.10.2017 ++
After a long summer break we are looking forward to start the queer loox film season on October 10 with “Born in flames” directed by Lizzie Borden (USA 1983). The fictional documentary depicts the feminist struggles in a post-revolutionary society: Ten years after the social democratic revolution. The new order is established, but still equality has not been reached. Being confronted with sexism on a daily basis and discriminated against in the labour marked, women – many of them queer and Black – organize and fight back. The ‘Women’s Army’ is founded.
The film will be screened in English with French subtitles.
See the trailer and more information on http://rotondes.lu/agenda/details/event/born-in-flames/
When? October 10, 19h
Where? The Rotondes (Place des Rotondes, L-2448 Luxembourg)
The upcoming films for this academic year are scheduled for :
- 7th November : (still a surprise)
- 6th February : Children of Srikandi (Chilren of Srikandi Collective, Indonesia/Germany, 2012)
- 6th March: Audre Lorde (Dagmar Schultz, Germany, 2012)
- 10th April: Kater (Klaus Händl, Austria, 2016)
- 5th June: Naissance des pieuvres (Céline Sciamma, France, 2007)
You’ll find the films and updated information on:
Our facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/queerloox/
On the website of the Rotondes: http://rotondes.lu/agenda/#filter=.cat-10